Fabby Followers

Friday 12 February 2016

Retro Valentines Mailbox

Happy Friday afternoon
Now for those that know me know about my love affair with my portrait!  I adore using it and do so at every opportunity.
The other day whilst browsing I see there is a new challenge blog starting up with weekly challenges , and easy peasy you just use the freebie of the week (from the SIL store)!! 

You can find the Silhouette Blog here

This weeks freebie is a Retro Valentines Mailbox - OMG how cute is that!

I absolutly adore Mailboxes and have a few more coming up on my blog  in a few weeks  time so make sure you check back! 
I  was pretty amazed with this file when I downloaded it , You get the main base pieces and then some already printed panels, but also some blank panels to decorate yourself!

I started of using Kraft card to make the Mailbox shell, it fitted together like a dream.
I decided to use a new favourite collection of mine to decorate 
From this collection, I used a lovely stripey green paper on the panels, I wanted to include some of the printed panels too these are in pink , how lovely do they look against the green, Once I started assembling I knew Pink and Green were the colours I was sticking to, such a lovely colour combo , I will be sure to use again very soon.

(For Clarification from the Lily Bug Collection - I used Stripey paper , paper hearts are cut from matching paper, Bugs, leafs, Flowers, Mushrooms, Keyhole and key, Love letters and sentiments on them)

I also had an old Postmark stamp hanging around , not sure if it had ever been used but was ideal for this project, I had to squeeze it in somewhere, spot it on the front - Perfect match.

A front view, using the pre coloured Mail and Love letters , The hearts were also part of the file I just printed/cut them onto matching papers from LBL.

Just love the little Mushrooms , both of the large side panels are the same just mirror imaged



And finally finished of with some Leafs, flowers and Bugs (Oh and a bit of sparkle in the flower centers)




Perfect for sending your Valentine Mail!!
Now I can't wait to find out what next week's freebie is
xx


I would like to enter this into
Silhouette Blog - Use the Freebie
Digi Choosday - All you need is Love
Aud Sentiments - Love Sentiment
Through The Purple Haze - Share some Love
Paper Creators - It must be Love
Thats Crafty - First Love


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wooo, Love this mailbox, so cute & I love the colours you've used. I've got a Silhouette Cameo but hadn't seen this freebie so thanks x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW another one of your SUPER makes, a beautiful post box.

Elaine Stark said...

A super mailbox. Loads of lovely detail. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Moni said...

Scatty, this is perfect!!! So beautiful.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fabulous project lots of interesting detailing .Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥
Aud Sentiments
My Blog As I do Rodos

Lau W said...

Wow ! such an original project ! Superb !
Thanks for joining us at the Paper Creator Challenge ! xx

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

What a wonderful love card you've created! Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments, hope to see you again for our next challenge!
Jennifer, DT

Planetsusie said...

Please accept my apologies for the delay in commenting on your entry to our challenge, unfortunately I've been ill and am just back to blogging! This is such a different take on our theme and I love it! Such a brilliant creation I shall be on the lookout for more of your projects. Thank you so much for entering the Through the Purple Haze (Share some Love) Challenge this time. I hope we see you again. Hugs to you Sue Pxxx DT.

Dolly Dimples Decoupage - Part 11

  Hi and welcome back to my blog, I am still in Christmas crafting mode, and will be for the next couple of weeks Now who doesn't love o...